Thank you for your interest in volunteering as a Model for BCRC’s Art Bra Austin 2021. As with any volunteer activity, serving as a model requires commitments of both time and enthusiasm for the mission of BCRC and the fundraising event. The expectations associated with being an Art Bra Austin Model are listed below. Please review each statement carefully and include your signature and date at the end to indicate you have read and accepted the terms. We also suggest you download a printable version of this agreement from the Art Bra Austin website and keep it for your records.
1. Art Bra Models make up a collective group that reflect the diversity of BCRC clients. As such, we expect all Art Bra Models to treat one another with mutual respect regardless of age, race, color, religion, political belief, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation. If differences persist between Art Bra Models or Art Bra Volunteers, they should be discussed directly with the Assistant Director of Development and Special Events.
2. It is BCRC policy that any event hosted by the organization maintains a civil and congenial environment, free from all forms of discrimination, harassment, and violence. Anyone engaging in harassing conduct will be subject to discipline, ranging from a warning to termination from the Art Bra Model roster.
3. Art Bra Austin Models are ambassadors of BCRC and Art Bra Austin and encouraged to promote event attendance and participate in appropriate publicity opportunities, including media outreach.
4. Serving as an Art Bra Model can be physically taxing. Please place the utmost importance on your health and well-being. BCRC clients who are within five years of treatment or are currently in treatment (defined as chemotherapy, radiation, surgery) will be required to submit a signed release from your doctor indicating the level at which it is safe for you to participate. However, BCRC Certified Patient Navigator's reserve the right to make decisions on behalf of clients based on their assessment the day of event.
5. Models must attend the photo and video production sessions, including model fitting, as scheduled.
6. For your safety, Models are strongly discouraged from consuming alcohol prior to/during the production sessions.
7. Models will be assigned an art bra on the basis of a variety of criteria including but not limited to size, coverage, aesthetics, etc. Although a model’s preference for a particular bra will be taken into consideration, we request that all models display a commitment to the best possible showing of the Art Bra collection as a whole.
8. Art Bra Models are asked to provide the costume and accessories to complete their look based on the art bra assigned to them. A $75 fee will be assessed to cover costuming costs. This fee is due by January 15, 2021 and can be paid online at www.bcrc.org. If this poses a financial burden on you, please advise one of the Costume Committee Chairs or BCRC staff member and we will do our best to assist you with the costuming costs.
9. Art Bra Austin is a professionally choreographed runway and/or floor show. While Art Bra Models have some discretion in determining costuming, BCRC staff reserves the right to oversee costuming choices in order to ensure the integrity of the overall show. Every attempt will be made to ensure Models look and feel comfortable and beautiful in their costume.
10. All Art Bra Models are required to obtain at least $1,000 in donations through an online personal fundraising page. You will be assisted in the creation of this page. BCRC will also provide training and ongoing support to ensure your personal fundraising success. Fundraisers will start on Monday, February 1st, 2021.