Art Bra® Artists
Every year, Austin’s talented community of artists, designers, and jewelers submit their original works of wearable art to be showcased by a dynamic group of Art Bra® Austin Models – all of whom are breast cancer survivors and clients of the Breast Cancer Resource Centers of Texas (BCRC). The result is a triumphant show filled with light, color, movement, and most of all – attitude. Join us!
Call For Entries
BCRC would like to extend an invitation to professional and amateur artists, designers, and jewelers to submit entries for Art Bra® Austin 2019. Art Bra® Austin is a fully costumed, professionally produced runway show and auction to raise funds to support area women affected by breast cancer.
The submission deadline for Art Bra® Austin is March 8, 2019.
Applications will open January 15, 2019.
What To Expect
Our submission process
All entries will be judged by a panel of art and fashion professionals from the Austin area. Entries chosen for the Silent Auction will be modeled during the Runway Show by BCRC clients, all of whom are breast cancer survivors. A select number of entries will also be chosen for the Live Auction portion of the Runway Show. All proceeds from the Silent and Live Auctions will benefit BCRC.
We ask all artists to please complete our Artist Entry Form and submit the final design of their Art Bra® piece to BCRC by March 8, 2019.
Requirements for Art Bra® submission
- All artists willing to donate their art in support of the mission of BCRC are eligible for entry.
- Art Bra® entries should be wearable, and can incorporate any medium.
- Entries must have a minimum value of $75 to be considered by the jury (please do not forget to include the value of your time in creating the piece).
- The most common bra sizes among the models are between 36B – 44C, and 42D. All Art Bra® Models are breast cancer survivors, and many have had reconstructive surgery. Unless you are working with a specific model, we request artists to submit wearable art in one of these sizes.
- Also, please keep in mind:
- If your design requires heavy use of glue, please work with a larger size bra as it will reduce the finished size once the glue has dried.
- Glitter is very messy, we request its use be kept to a minimum.
- Submitted works must be finished, and ready to wear/display.
- Finalized entries are due no later than March 8, 2019.
- A finalized entry consists of:
- Art Bra® Submission (submitted to BCRC with your Delivery Sheet)
- Completed Artist Entry Form (submitted online)
- Digital Portrait of Artist (submitted via Artist Entry Form)
- Consent to our Rules & Guidelines Agreement (included in Artist Entry Form and available for download below)
View Art Bra® Submission Rules & Guidelines Agreement here.
The art community is critical to the success of Art Bra® Austin. To highlight its importance and showcase the talent and generosity of our artistic donors, we are proud to offer Art Bra® Artists the following promotional opportunities and benefits:
- Artist Profile on event website, featuring: artist bio/statement, contact information, links to artist’s portfolio and/or other artist-related site(s), and multiple artwork images
- Recognition and promotion through BCRC’s Facebook and Instagram
- Celebrated at Art Bra® Austin through dedicated event signage
- Professional, high-res art bra photos for artist’s portfolio. (Photos available upon request.)
- Opportunity to be highlighted as a ‘Featured Artist’ during BCRC’s popular “30 Days of Artists” Blog Series. Selected artists will be notified by email
- Artists whose bras are selected for live auction will receive 2 tickets to the Art Bra® Austin event (value of $250 per ticket)
- Artists are responsible for transit of art bra submissions to the BCRC office at 4807 Spicewood Springs Road Bldg. 1 Suite 1100 Austin, Texas 78759.
- Your finished art bra must be received at the BCRC administrative office no later than 5pm on TBD. If you’re dropping off your art bra in person, please come by during our regular business hours, Monday – Friday, 10am to 5pm. If this is not possible for you, please contact Elizabeth at email@example.com.
- Art Bra® Submissions MUST be accompanied by a printed-out and completed Delivery Sheet*, available here. You may choose to construct your own Delivery Sheet using a standard letter-sized sheet of paper (no post-it notes, envelopes, etc.). If you choose to draft your own Delivery Sheet, please include the following information: Artist’s Name, Phone Number, Email, Art Bra® Title, and Date of Delivery.
- Digital portrait of artist (.jpeg or .png) uploaded through the Artist Entry Form. We recommend the size of your photo be at least 512 x 512 pixels. Keep in mind your photo may appear on the event website and other promotional materials.
- If your piece is not selected for the show, please claim your work from the BCRC administrative office during business hours before the end of April.
*your Delivery Sheet is separate from the Artist Entry Form. You do not need to include a copy of your Artist Entry Form with your art bra when submitting it to the BCRC office. You only need to include a Delivery Sheet.
Artist Entry Form will OPEN January 15, 2019 and close March 8,2019.