We’re excited that you are interested in donating your time and talent to BCRC by becoming an Artist for our 2022 show, Art Bra® Austin: Days of Haute. We are ready to return to the runway with a show like no other. And your pieces of wearable art are central to making that happen. In order to ensure an unforgettable show, we are modifying and enhancing the Art Bra® selection process. Please note the changes below:
September 27, 2021: Round 1 Electronic/Paper Application Open at 12:00 PM CST
EXTENDED: November 1, 2021: Round 1 Electronic/Paper Application Closes at 5:00 PM CST
November 3, 2021: Artist Info Night (All Applicants Must Attend)
EXTENDED: November 12, 2021: Round 1 Applicants Selected & Notified
December 17, 2021: All Bras Due by 5:00 PM to BCRC Offices
January 7, 2022: Final Art Bras Selected
This year we are asking our Artist to submit a bra inspired by and meant for one of the below collections. Please see the below information on our five Art Bra® Austin: Days of Haute collections:
- Architectural Artistry: Geometric and structured pieces. Examples here.
- Gothic Romance: A dark look at romantic dress. Examples here.
- Regency Couture: A modern take 17th-century British courts fashion. Examples here.
- Monochrome: Black and white monochromatic designs. Examples here.
- Austin-Tatious CAMP: Inspired by the opulent Drag Balls of the 80s and 90s. Examples here.
The art community is critical to the success of Art Bra® Austin. To highlight its importance and showcase the talent and generosity of our artistic donors, we are proud to offer Art Bra® Artists the following promotional opportunities and benefits:
- Artist Profile on event website, featuring: artist bio/statement, contact information, links to artist’s portfolio and/or other artist-related site(s), and multiple artwork images
- Recognition and promotion through BCRC’s Facebook and Instagram
- Celebrated at Art Bra® Austin through dedicated event signage
- Professional, high-res art bra photos for artist’s portfolio. (Photos available upon request.)
- Opportunity to be highlighted on BCRC’s various online platforms.